Do I need to do anything special the day or night before surgery?Someone from the surgery center or hospital will call you to discuss pre-operative instructions. They usually include the following:
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight the day of your surgery. You may brush your teeth, taking care not to swallow any water.
- Follow your doctor’s orders regarding the taking of any medications the night before or the day of your surgery.
- Refrain from smoking after midnight the day of your surgery.
- Notify your surgeon if there is any change in your physical condition, such as a cold, fever or flu symptom.
- If there is a chance you are pregnant, please notify your surgeon immediately.
Selene Parekh, M.D.
Selene Parekh, M.D. (also known as the “Fantasy Doctor”) is an orthopaedic surgeon and foremost expert on sports injuries who’s fast becoming the go-to expert for the multibillion dollar fantasy sports industry.